About the Role
Housing Unlimited provides affordable independent housing in Montgomery County, MD, for adults in mental health recovery. The position includes broad management responsibilities within the housing program.
Duties and Responsibilities
A Property Manager has responsibility for the following primary goals:
· Management of a subset of properties of the Housing Unlimited affordable rental inventory
· Assist in public education and communications, fundraising and general administration as needed
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Meet with prospective tenants to conduct lease signings, orientations and move-in inspections
· Carry out engaging, respectful conversations with Housing Unlimited tenants on an ongoing basis to build rapport and trust among tenants
· Meet with outgoing tenants and conduct move-out inspections
· Conduct weekly inspections of common areas and bimonthly inspections of bedrooms in Housing Unlimited homes
· Respond promptly to Housing Unlimited tenant requests for information and assistance
· Quickly and professionally respond to property-related and tenant-related crisis situations
· Quickly and professionally respond to after-hours emergency calls relating to tenants in crisis every third month
· Coordinate enrollment of tenants in the county’s Rental Assistance Program
· Ensure tenants have paid rent on time and in compliance with Housing Unlimited's sliding rent formula
· Ensure tenants receive timely notification of late rent, lease violations, and eviction actions.
· Promptly carry out direct, respectful conversations with tenants about late rent, property damage, lease violations, eviction and court actions.
· Maintain professional relationships with agency partners including the Montgomery County Core Services Agency, Cornerstone Montgomery, Family Services, and the Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless.
· Promptly respond to sensitive inquiries from neighbors, condo association staff, etc.
· Assist in updating key tenant database
· Supervise Program Associates as assigned
· Assist with Housing Unlimited special events including the Welcome Home Celebration and Help the Homeless mini-walks
· Assist senior staff in production of newsletter, annual report, and annual appeal
· Represent Housing Unlimited from time to time at relevant conferences, information fairs, government meetings, and community meetings
· Coordinate and lead site visits at Housing Unlimited homes with stakeholders
· Assist in social media tasks
· Other duties as assigned.
Supervision and Direction
The Property Manager reports directly to and receives an annual performance evaluation from the Director of Property Management.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
The candidate must have an automobile for use on the job and liability insurance at a minimum level of 100/300K.
The salary range for this position is $52,500 - $62,500
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About the Company
WORK WITH US TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Working at Housing Unlimited is a very rewarding experience. Our staff members are called upon to play a leading role in empowering the lives of adults in mental health recovery.
The world of affordable housing is undergoing constant change. Housing Unlimited is a leader in foreseeing, adapting to, and implementing necessary changes to serve our tenants better.
Our employee benefits package for full-time staff includes health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability, 403(b) Retirement plan, generous paid sick, vacation and holiday leave, a flexible schedule with Comp Time and more!
All candidates must register and apply online!